AI's Impact on Hiring and Huawei Laptop Teardown | Bloomberg Technology
- Ariavind Srinivas, CEO of Perplexity, says their AI-powered conversational answer engine is taking on Google and ChatGPT.
- Perplexity has raised $73.6 million in funding from backers like Jeff Bezos and NVIDIA.
- The company differentiates itself by providing clear sources for its answers, and it aims to offer a variety of chatbots for different purposes.
- The demand for private stocks in 2024, particularly in companies like OpenAI and SpaceX, remains high, driven by institutions, family offices, and high net worth individuals.
- Perplexity plans to use its funding for scaling, adoption, and computing resources.
- The growth of AI and generative AI companies continues to be strong, as investors are interested in owning stocks in these companies.
- The SEC is expected to make a decision on the Bitcoin spot ETF soon, and there is high demand and anticipation for the launch of the ETF, which could attract $1-2 billion in fund flows in its first week of trading.
- OpenAI is completing a tender offer, and Perseverance, a secondary market, has seen high trading volume and interest in OpenAI shares.
- Other companies in the AI space, such as Anthropod, X.ai, and Neuralink, are also attracting investor interest.
- The competition between AI-powered chatbots, search engines, and generative AI models is fierce, with companies like Google and ChatGPT being the main competitors.
Save this summary
Browse more from