Tesla's Slower Growth Rate and ServiceNow's Strong Results | Bloomberg Technology
Tesla's Slump in Shares
- Tesla shares dropped 10%, the biggest drop since October.
- The drop is due to concerns over guidance on production growth.
Analysis of Tesla's Future
- Tasha Keeney, an analyst, discusses Tesla's future plans, including the development of a next-generation TV platform, the release of FSD 12 (Fully Self-Driving) to customers, and the potential for robotaxi services.
- Keeney believes that Tesla's focus on artificial intelligence (AI) and robotics is a great opportunity for the company.
- There is optimism about Tesla's ability to continue growing and attract talent despite cost-cutting measures.
Elon Musk's Influence and Controversial Statements
- Keeney discusses Elon Musk's role in Tesla and his controversial statements, including comparing an advisory firm to ISIS.
- While Musk is seen as a capable leader in terms of innovation, his inflammatory statements and behavior are a concern for investors and for building a strong brand.
Microsoft's Job Cuts and Acquisition of Activision
- Microsoft is cutting 19,000 jobs in its gaming division, including Activision employees.
- The layoffs are a common occurrence in M&A deals.
- The acquisition of Activision is seen as an opportunity for Microsoft to strengthen its gaming offerings.
Semiconductor Industry News
- ASML, a semiconductor equipment manufacturer, continues to deliver to China despite an agreement to curb shipments.
- Russia relies heavily on imported semiconductors, including from companies like Intel.
- ST Microelectronics missed estimates due to weak demand for industrial chips.
Porsche's Electric Macan
- Porsche unveiled its electric Macan car and believes it will meet high demand.
- The company is confident in its ability to supply the market.
- Porsche remains focused on design, technology, and growing its customer base.
Lawsuit Against Fearless Fund
- Fearless Fund, an Atlanta-based venture capital firm, is being sued for alleged discrimination by the American Alliance for Equal Rights.
- The lawsuit claims that Fearless Fund discriminates in its allocation of grants to women of color.
- The outcome of the lawsuit could have a chilling effect on the allocation of capital to diverse founders.
Shein's IPO Prospects
- Online fashion company Shein had initially been valued at $66 billion but is now seeing valuations as low as $45 billion in the private market.
- Regulatory scrutiny and concerns about the Chinese economy have dampened investors' enthusiasm for the company.
- Shein, headquartered in Singapore but manufacturing in China, primarily generates revenue in the U.S. market.
Save this summary
Browse more from