The Fed has a problem, says Veritas Financial's Greg Branch
- The top performing areas in the U.S. next year, according to a survey, are financial stocks, high dividend stocks, healthcare stocks, and megacap tech.
- The speaker predicts a sharp correction in Q1 '24 similar to Q1 '22, due to the limited duration between the dearth of credit growth and spending.
- The Federal Reserve's actions and pivot are seen as potential obstacles to the directionality of the market.
- The speaker argues that there is no visible way for the Fed to get from 4% to 2% unemployment, and a rise in inflation in Q1 is more likely than a cut, which will harshen the environment.
- The speaker disagrees with the survey's prognostications and suggests looking at utilities, especially if there will be an interest rate cutting environment.
Save this summary
Browse more from