Fingernails review: Apple’s dark sci-fi comedy turns love into science
- In the future, scientists have figured out how to conclusively determine if two people are in love.
- If a couple gets a negative result on the test, they end up splitting up.
- The film centers on Anna, a teacher who is in a long-term relationship with her boyfriend Ryan.
- Anna starts a new job at The Love Institute, which performs the love tests and offers lessons to prep couples for success.
- Anna starts to fall in love with her new co-worker Amir.
- The film explores the ways relationships can grow stale or change over time.
- It's a slow-burning, darkly funny romance that's pretty rare.
Save this summary
Browse more from