Why Dr. Gundry Changed his Mind on Gut Damaging Foods (and 5 other things)
- Dr. Steven Gundry discusses changes in his thinking over the last seven years, which he refers to as "Plant Paradox 2.0."
Leaky Gut Testing
- Dr. Gundry talks about the availability and importance of leaky gut testing, which measures intestinal permeability using a blood test.
- He emphasizes that leaky gut is not pseudoscience and can be measured objectively.
Causes of a Leaky Gut
- Dr. Gundry explains that autoimmune patients with leaky gut have IGG antibodies to wheat germ or glutenin, even if they are gluten-free.
- He discusses how people with celiac disease still have active disease even after following a gluten-free diet.
- Dr. Gundry shares that 90% of readers of his book "The Plant Paradox" resolved their health issues, and food sensitivity testing has revealed individualized troublemakers causing leaky gut.
- He explains the difference between food sensitivities and food allergies and discusses the impact of leaky gut on the immune system.
25% off Your First Order from SEED!
- The video features a sponsored segment about SEED's daily symbiotic, offering a discount link for viewers.
Food Sensitivities (continued)
- Dr. Gundry elaborates on the role of food sensitivities in causing leaky gut and how identifying and removing troublemaking foods can lead to the resolution of leaky gut and autoimmune diseases.
- He explains the markers for diagnosing leaky gut, including zonulin and actin antibodies.
High-Dose NSAIDs (00:17:34)
- Taking high-dose NSAIDs like Advil and Aleve can cause autoimmune diseases and damage the gut barrier.
- Endurance athletes and people under chronic stress can also suffer from gut barrier issues.
- Blood flow to the gut is reduced during intense exercise, which can lead to intestinal wall damage and bloody diarrhea.
Dairy & Eggs (00:20:58)
- Many patients with autoimmune diseases initially react to forms of dairy, egg white, and egg yolk.
- Fermented dairy products, such as sheep and goat cheeses and yogurts, can be reintroduced for most people.
- Almonds and almond flour have been found to trigger joint pain and other health issues in some patients, leading to their elimination from the diet.
- Cashews have caused allergic reactions similar to poison oak in some individuals.
Beef, Lamb, Pork & Unfermented Milk (00:29:56)
- Sugar molecule new5GC in beef, lamb, pork, and unfermented milk can be harmful
- Consumption linked to coronary AR disease, dementia, arthritis, and cancer
- Antibodies against new5GC attack similar molecule new5AC
- Fermented animal products or milk eliminate new5GC
- Long-lived people consume fermented sheep and goat dairy products and sausage
- Fermented meat has beneficial bacteria
- People in Andorra have a high life expectancy and consume sausage daily
Glyphosate and European Wheat (00:29:56)
- Difference in wheat genetic alterations
- Glyphosate used as desiccant on grains in the US but almost non-existent in Europe
- Autoimmune conditions improve when consuming European wheat
- US grains are loaded with glyphosate, causing health issues
Oat Story (00:29:56)
- Banned herbicide used to make oak stalks shorter
- EPA loosened rules for the herbicide during the former administration's tenure
- All US oats, including healthy brands, are loaded with the banned herbicide
Save this summary
Browse more from