TD Cowen's Chris Krueger on chances of seeing a new face in the 2024 presidential election
- The year starts with four months of policy cliffs and four must-pass bills.
- Government funding runs out on January 9th and February 2nd, with potential cuts to discretionary spending on April 30th.
- Congressional inaction this year may not be good for the markets if there is further inaction next year.
- There are three separate tracks in Washington: policy cliffs, the election, and legal and constitutional matters.
- Impeachment proceedings against the current president and criminal trials against a former president will intersect with the policy cliffs.
- People close to the White House are concerned about the upcoming election.
- The filing deadlines for presidential candidates have passed, but the nominations are not official until the Republican Convention in mid-July and the Democratic Convention in mid-August.
- There is a chance for a Joe Manchin to jump into the race, along with third-party and independent candidates.
Save this summary
Browse more from